Évènements à venir/Upcoming events
Promenades d’observation d’oiseaux pendant les congés des Fêtes dans les milieux humides de Montréal (Technoparc)./Bird watching walks during the holidays in Montreal Wetlands (Technoparc).
Bienvenue à tous! Welcome to everyone!
- Samedi 22 décembre 2018
- Mercredi 26 décembre 2018
- Mercredi 2 janvier 2019
- Heure/Time: 13:00-16:30
- Meeting place: 7595 Chemin Saint-François, Saint-Laurent.
- Guide: Joël Coutu, spécialiste et consultant en comportement aviaire et conférencier en ornithologie.
- Frais: activité est gratuite et pour tous, mais une contribution à la hauteur de votre appréciation sera la bienvenue.
- Photo credit: Marty Swindells
Meeting Luc Ferrandez
On Tuesday, September 4, 2018, Joël Coutu and François Riou met with Mr. Luc Ferrandez, Mayor of the Plateau Mont-Royal, who is responsible for the Great Parks, Green Spaces and Major Projects within the Executive Committee of the City of Montréal. The purpose of this field meeting was to raise Mr. Ferrandez’s awareness of environmental issues in the Technoparc Montréal and ADM sectors. As the time available was quite limited, we showed Mr. Ferrandez representative sectors of the issues we wanted to present to him.
Marshes Des Sources: Nest site of the Least Bittern confirmed for the last three years.
Forest of Sources: Nest site of the Wood Thrush, another threatened species that requires protection.
Heron Pond : Presented as the pantry of several species of birds. LF was able to observe a Grande Égrette.
Alfred Nobel Extension: Presentation of the work done over the past 2 years and the speed with which it was done.
Dyke: Presentation of the works and drainage of 2/3 of the extent of the marsh (Marais cœur and Petit marais Hubert-Reeves) Cut down thousands of trees. Water can be re-introduced into dry environments by opening control valves and installing pipes.
Hubert-Reeves Small Marsh: Presentation of the drained environment and the loss of a rich habitat that welcomed a diversified avian fauna.
Bertrand Creek retention basin: Presentation of compensatory works for the destruction of wetlands.
We would like to thank Mr. Ferrandez for accepting our invitation and for the interest he showed in the many pieces of information we provided him during his visit to the Technoparc Montréal and ADM sectors.
Overall impression of the meeting
Nice meeting with an elected official who was listening and curious.
Luc Ferrandez seemed satisfied with his visit and acknowledged the steps taken to protect this sector.
2018-Juin Juillet / June and July
2017-02-08 Coalition Verte // Green Coalition:
Les rapports d’expertise /The reports
Kim Marineau Rapport – Coalition Verte c. Technoparc (Dec. 16, 2016)
- Kim Marineau, Biologiste, M.Sc. Env. Présidente de Biodiversité conseil inc
- Marineau, K. 2016. Analyse des études environnementales et du processus d’émission des CA dans le projet du Technoparc Hubert-Reeves. Rapport final présenté à la Coalition verte. 21 p.
Rodger Titman Report – Green Coalition v. Technoparc (Dec. 16, 2016)
- Rodger D. Titman, Ph.D. , Ornithologist, Wildlife Biologist, Associate Professor of Wildlife Biology (retired), McGill University
- ANALYSIS REPORT (St-‐Laurent /Eco-‐Campus Hubert-‐Reeves Project)